- How soon will my job be finished?
- Typical turnaround for routine physical testing (such as a tensile or hardness test), chemical analysis, or metallographic examination is 4-7 working days. Failure investigations and other complex projects may take 2-3 weeks, depending on the nature of the work being performed. Expedited service is available for an additional fee.
- How much will my job cost?
Most of our services are based on a fixed pricing structure (available on request). Other services not listed there are based on time and materials. Quotations are available on request. Please note that ancillary charges for sample preparation may vary based on sample size, sample condition, and any special requirements for sectioning or processing.
- How can I pay for my job?
- Our services are billed C.O.D. for all incoming work unless you have established an account. We accept all major credit cards, cash, check, or money order. Our payment terms for established accounts are net 30. In rare cases a retainer may be required to begin processing your samples. If you would like to set up an account please contact us.
- Is METL accredited? Does METL have approval from prime contractors?
- Our lab is accredited through Nadcap (formerly the National Aerospace and Defense Contractors Accreditation Program), and we maintain an extensive list of approvals from the majority of the major defense and aerospace contractors. A partial list of our current approvals is available on our Accreditations page.
- Can I witness the testing of my samples?
- METL is always willing to accommodate our customers who wish to be present while we process their samples. If you would like to schedule testing, or want a tour of our facility, please contact us.
- How do I submit samples for testing?
- Samples can be drop shipped through any of the major carriers, or can be hand delivered to our facility. For all work submitted to METL, please include full contact information and any traceability that you require. We also ask that any specification or blueprint requirements be conveyed as well, to avoid delaying your test results. If you do not have paperwork to submit alongside your samples, please use our Work Request Form.
- How long does METL retain test results and sample remnants?
- Job packets (including test results and original documents as received) are retained for a minimum of 10 years. Physical sample remnants are kept on-site for a minimum of 6 months. Unless you specifically request that we return your remnants, they may be discarded after 6 months.